1 The Warrior Archetype

Episode One: Introducing The Warrior Archetype

Today begins a new video series. I’ll be spending the next several months talking about what I call The Warrior Archetype. This series will look at the idea of what a warrior is in ancient times and modern times; the internal battle and the external battle; the warrior in each of us. Hope you’ll join me. Looking forward to comments and new conversations.

1. Madalena on August 17, 2020 at 4:25 pm

I forgot who said: “We don’t see things as they are – but as who we are”.
    So, how do we perceive the archetype warrior? Do you see a true warrior as a hero governed by a spiritual force that battles for love, righteousness and something that is worth dying for? Is the warrior’s journey and emotional experience more important than the battle? Or is the transition of the way of the warrior, from start to final outcome more important than the battle itself?

So, what characteristic does a warrior have? And does their reason to endure at whatever cost, make them hero’s whatever the outcome?

2. Madalena on August 17, 2020 at 7:45 pm

Firstly,
    Rule 1: Never do your VAT returns after a bottle of Shiraz;
    Rule 2: Don’t be distracted – and wonder to your favourite author’s forum;
    Rule 3: Learn some self control, and refrain on posting on ‘said’ blog;
    If that fails, acknowledge that you will need to fight off that cringing feeling the next day because you ignored all ‘said’ rules.

I apologize. This is the only forum that resonates. It’s a place where you can find the inspiration from Steve, and all the advice from writers who comment that actually have something worthwhile to offer. In a world where everyone is selling but there’s nothing I want worth buying – I can find a measure of creativity here.
    True voices expressing themselves without fear, or for audience approval, is a rare commodity these days. And if you want to know what a true warrior looks like – find yourself a mirror.

Just so you know…Scarily enough, I am classed as sane. I have a certificate written in red crayon adorned with a rainbow that proves it!

• Sheryl on August 20, 2020 at 4:49 am

So funny, Madelena, I liked the first post better. Don’t stress. You are among friends. Creative people, trying to make our own path. We’re all hacking through the underbrush together. You made a great post better by musing with us about it. Encouraging us to consider what our take was. Thanks for being here. I look forward to your thoughts on future episodes.

3. Yvonne on August 28, 2020 at 12:30 pm

I’m very much looking forward to this series — I think it will be exactly what I need. Thank you for this Steve!

4. monica on September 3, 2020 at 6:11 am

amazing series.. i just loved it..

5. Anonymous on September 8, 2020 at 6:18 am

Excited about this series and I also love hearing the birds in the background!