7 The Warrior Archetype

Episode Seven: What Is an Archetype?

We’re getting deep today, exploring the great psychologist Carl Jung’s concept of the Collective Unconscious and the archaic “super-personalities” that dwell there — the Archetypes.

The Divine Child, the Virgin, the Wanderer, the Lover, the Mother, the Warrior … on up to the King, the Queen, the Sage, and the Mystic.

Yes, you and I are governed by these (and empowered by them), even though they reside in a precinct of the psyche that we can only access through dreams and visions, intuition and insight.

1. Antonia Nelson on September 7, 2020 at 8:09 am

Thank you Steven for these wonderful stories! Every one takes me on an adventure and imagining what it would be like to have more Sparta in this day!

2. Joe Jansen on September 7, 2020 at 9:17 am

Good to recognize how most characters reflect archetypes. We don’t have to make up everything from scratch.

These were a couple lines I copied out of Steve’s book “Killing Rommel”:

“Stein has a theory about inner evolution. A man matures, he believes, from archetype to archetype. From son to wanderer to warrior. And from there, if he’s lucky, to lover, husband, father, king, sage, and mystic.

“‘It could be, Stein says, considering the evolution of my dream, ‘that your journey no longer requires the knight’s armor since you’re living it out in the flesh.’

“He gestures around to our tanks and armored vehicles. ‘You’re IN armor now, aren’t you?’”

3. Colleen on September 7, 2020 at 6:32 pm

Greetings. I love this topic and for a lot of reasons. It is new information as I really didn’t know what archetype meant. One particular reason I enjoy this subject is on the personal side. From a very young age I used to tell people that I was born wise. I was aware that deep inside me I had knowledge that was there from another time, that I was born with it, wisdom. So, to hear you speak of the archetype I can’t help but rejoice; it feels like a confirmation.

Thank you so much for this series Steven. It’s fantastic.

4. Charlyne23 on September 8, 2020 at 2:55 am

If you’re tired of looking for “academic writing service ”, here’s a solution for you! This site!

5. Andrew lubin on September 8, 2020 at 5:05 pm

Interesting stuff, Steve; thank you, again, for making me think. Maybe that’s why being a Marine, or a teacher, or whatever, runs in a family? While many refer to such a call as ‘tradition’, how impressive to think it’s actually part of family DNA!

6. Alex on September 16, 2020 at 4:20 am

Amazing information and really relevant. thanks for share it.
    keep it up
    b2b marketplace

7. Anonymous on September 20, 2020 at 11:14 am

Online betting is as safe as other types of bets http://csgomatchbetting.com/ . All bookmakers try to use the most advanced SSL protection, which protects your personal information from infringement: name, address, credit card number, etc. In addition, all the bookmakers we recommend are monitored by the licensing authorities of the respective country, and also undergo regular independent audits to verify the integrity of all aspects of their activities.

8. Blake Browns on September 22, 2020 at 12:54 am

Hello! I like Filipino women and if you are interested in learning about beautiful Filipino women, then you are here https://topasianbrides.com/philippines-brides/ Here are the best online dating with them, no deception, everything is honest, experts will always support. I’m already dating one baby, and I’m happy, try it too

• John Williams on September 23, 2020 at 5:53 am

Hello! I had a relationship for a long time, but they ended, and I was looking for a girl for a very long time. Dating was not fun and they didn’t have much time. I once met people who showed me https://bridesingles.com/ and was shocked! So many beautiful girls are looking for relationships. I found my love and now I am happy. Try it and you will have a perfect relationship!

9. Richard Smith on September 23, 2020 at 7:34 am

Hello! I love communicating with girls, going on dates with them, but for some reason I didn’t succeed – I was alone. I met some people who showed me filipina bride I found a girl who I like and who I like. In general, the future belongs to online dating: finding a hot girl is much easier than in real life.

10. pikachu chu on September 24, 2020 at 12:26 am

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here. Thanks. paper io 2

11. ЕKty on November 24, 2020 at 6:06 am

Good afternoon everyone! How did you find your love? I am looking for a permanent relationship. I was advised the site https://legitmailorderbride.net/ My friend met his true love there and soon they have a wedding. Where do you meet? I would be very happy if you share useful tips on how to meet a dream girl!))