CBS This Morning

The tale of Telamon in A Man at Arms is one I’ll never tire of.

I had the chance to appear on CBS This Morning recently to talk with the hosts about the new novel and my personal journey.

Hope you enjoy it!

Grab your copy of A Man at Arms here.

We are running some exclusive giveaways each week you won’t want to miss.

Posted in

DO THE WORK

Steve shows you the predictable Resistance points that every writer hits in a work-in-progress and then shows you how to deal with each one of these sticking points. This book shows you how to keep going with your work.

do the work book banner 1

THE AUTHENTIC SWING

A short book about the writing of a first novel: for Steve, The Legend of Bagger Vance. Having failed with three earlier attempts at novels, here's how Steve finally succeeded.

The-Authentic-Swing

NOBODY WANTS TO READ YOUR SH*T

Steve shares his "lessons learned" from the trenches of the five different writing careers—advertising, screenwriting, fiction, nonfiction, and self-help. This is tradecraft. An MFA in Writing in 197 pages.

noboybookcover

TURNING PRO

Amateurs have amateur habits. Pros have pro habits. When we turn pro, we give up the comfortable life but we find our power. Steve answers the question, "How do we overcome Resistance?"

Turning-Pro

A Man At Arms is
on sale now!

Don't miss out on exclusive bonuses available to early buyers!

1. Ms. Moretti on March 13, 2021 at 6:39 am

Thank you, and thanks to the producers of that segment. Even though I have read in print and seen you deliver your message in interviews before, I never tire of it – it is a message I need to hear frequently. This is why I hang around! I appreciate your efforts and committment to delivering your Work, and I continue to be inspired by it. Recognizing Resistance as an ever-present force has been the biggest piece for me as an artist. Seeing it like gravity or the passage of time has really simplified the Why questions – it comes down to putting in the work.

2. Susan Setteducato on March 13, 2021 at 7:33 am

This was awesome!! The world needs to hear about and internalize the Warrior Ethos, which for me has been embodied by the concept of Might for Right in the Arthurian Cycle, and by the Fenian Cycle in Irish Lore. Honor. Courage. The willingness to leave it all on the field for a higher purpose. Thank you, Steven. You inspire.

3. Jeanne Cuddy-Peretz on March 13, 2021 at 7:57 am

Thank you for sharing this interview and new video series The Warrior Archetype. Just watched episodes 1-3 and will continue through to the end.
    My takeaway was admiration and inspiration, for which I thank you.
    It’s true, although I have read all your books on resistance, or the “inner battle” books. I haven’t read your “external battle” works. The two together would make a great gift!

4. John on March 13, 2021 at 8:18 am

I love how you’re always so positive in your interviews.

5. Rita Echols on March 13, 2021 at 10:03 am

You have been an inspiration for me .I am 91 and writing a book called “Geriatric Odyssey” I doubt I will finish it but it begins when my husband died .

I was 87 and my journey began. I was hoping to finish when we were once again allowed to visit my friends in assisted living but as of this date we cannot visit their rooms.

Will order your book.

Rita Echols

6. Bonnie Lacy on March 13, 2021 at 11:28 am

Well done! Yes, positive and encouraging. You are willing to teach. Enjoyed you on Joanna Penn’s podcast also! Great information!
    Thank you!

7. Katie m. Berggren on March 13, 2021 at 12:56 pm

this was so great – I cannot watch you speak, Steven, without a smile on my face 🙂 your kind and good attitude is contagious! Congratulations!! Sincerely, Katie

8. Gigi Blackshear on March 13, 2021 at 2:32 pm

Wow!! I sincerely hope you realize how much you inspire other writers. As I sit here at age 59 with my heart in my hands bleeding all over my laptop keyboard trying to finish my fourth attempt at writing the “Right” book, your interview landed in my life just when I needed it most! Thank you again just for being you and for sharing yourself with us through your great work. Blessings!

9. Ken on March 13, 2021 at 3:09 pm

Super Star performance as always.

• Iain McClure on March 14, 2021 at 12:16 am

Hi Steve,

That interview was a great way to start the day – like others – I never tire of your saving message and I’m excited about reading ‘A Man at Arms.’

I also believe that cats can teach us our true journey – my young Norwegian, Ragnar, did so last night – yeah I agree with the CBS lady – what happened to yours? Can you share?

Best,

Iain

10. L R Gardner on March 16, 2021 at 7:05 am

I really enjoyed the interview. The fraction of writers who receive large advances get such coast-to-coast coverage that it is impossible not to think successful writers just sit down and crank out another bestsellers.
    The idea of a fine writer who struggles is a whole ‘nother country.
    Meanwhile, a tweak. it is not “War of Art” that makes me laugh. That book scared the hell out of me. it is “Do the Work” which reminds me of the preposterous lengths one will go in order to avoid writing. Thanks again for your excruciating honesty.

11. Hans Schiefelbein on March 16, 2021 at 1:43 pm

This is great! Thanks for posting the video. War of Art has been a favorite of mine and those in my corner of the Internet for years… I know I should have read Legend of Bagger Vance years ago, so here’s my public declaration: it’s just been purchased and now on my list!

12. Joe on March 17, 2021 at 7:53 am

Nicely done on both coasts. I liked hearing Jeff make the point that “Some readers like his fiction, some like his War of Art-type nonfiction. I like both.”

Charmed them all.

13. Dom on March 22, 2021 at 8:40 am

Was the cat comment from the reporter at the end actually a mis-reference of Blake Snyder’s “Save the Cat!” ?

That said, I recently discovered Steve Pressfield’s work in my own writing journey and love The War of Art. Currently, reading Turning Pro. I’m into Stoicism – Marcus Aurelius and his Warrior Archetype is timeless and timely. Thank you for writing and sharing.

14. mapquest driving directions on May 9, 2021 at 8:55 pm

It’s like a tradition of energizing people in the mornings, it’s a spiritual extra breakfast.

15. usa map on May 10, 2021 at 1:10 am

Very useful sharing. you are a great author. I will definitely bookmark your blog and maybe come back someday Thanks for a great post. Please continue to uphold!
    vex 3

16. jon snow on May 18, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Nice to thanks for the share me it article it is the post for fortnite accounts get it online here and start to join it play forever.

17. LindaJVinci LindaJ on June 26, 2021 at 9:41 am

The great author Steven Pressfield write his novel ‘A Man In Arms’. In this book he describe his journey of life. This novel is really amazing and world needs to hear about and internalise the warrior Ethos. Now we are discuss here on live events streaming and webcasting services if anyone want to get knowledge about film production course requirements please go on their site. The HD creative video production offers solutions for all your production needs.

18. Andrew on September 29, 2021 at 10:51 am

I also enjoyed this interview. The idea of a professional writer who struggles was also really nice! By the way, I would love to share with you an article about mobile app development. Check it here https://madappgang.com/blog/the-cost-of-hiring-an-app-developer-global-salaries-and-rates/ and give me feedback about this post on the average app developer’s salary. I hope you will enjoy it! Thanks again for your great work and congratulations!